Jen's Sweet Chili
* 1/2 c chopped onion
* 1 tbsp butter
* 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
* 2/3 c catsup
* 1/2 c water
* 1/4 c chopped celery
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1.5 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vinegar
* 1/4 tsp dry mustard
* 2 15oz can kidney beans (including liquid)
* .5 to 1 c tomato juice
* 2-3 tsp chili powder - season to taste
1. Saute onion in butter
2. Brown ground beef in onion mixture
3. Drain grease
4. Add all ingredients down to kidney beans
5. Simmer for 30 minutes
6. Add beans, tomato juice and chili powder
7. Cook an additional 10 minutes
8. Stir and serve!
9. Goes great with cornbread!
This is the "Bradley" famous chili created by my Mom, Barbara Bradly.
Over the years, it has become a favorite at our church and with our friends. I am asked to bring this dish with me to functions all year long.
It is a sweet versus spicy chili. Let me know your thoughts!
"If your health is lackin', be sure to call Glacken!"