1. Open bag of beans, put them in a dish and remove discolored beans and/or stones.
2. Soak beans in water overnight.
3. Prepare escarole by cleaning and cutting off ends.
4. Cook escarole in water until tender.
5. Cook beans in water and add garlic powder, pepper, and a can of tomato sauce. Cooking time 2 hours.
6. Add escarole to beans and cook for 20 minutes.
NOTE: To make this dish extra tasty, cut two pieces of Italian bread and place in bottom of dish. Then add the beans and escarole over the bread slices.