Chicken Dinner - Crock Pot
(Crockpot Sunday Chicken Supper)
Makes 4 servings
Prep: Slow Cooker - Start in the Morning
* 4 carrots cut into 2" pieces
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 rib celery cut into 2" pieces
* 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 2" pieces
* 5 small red potatoes quartered
* 1 broiler-fryer chicken cut up (approx. 3 1/2 pounds)
* 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
* 1 1/2 cups hot water
* 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon basil
1. In a slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed.
2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Do not stir.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. (with cornstarch or flour)
Christine Steendahl ~ Publisher of Dine Without Whine ~ A Family Friendly
Weekly Menu Planner E-mailed to you each week. www.dinewithoutwhine.com