6 Layer Fruit Bake
* 1 (15 oz) can pear slices, drained
* 1 (15.5 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
* 1 (15 oz) can peach slices, drained
* 1 (15 oz) can apricots halves, drained, sliced
* 1 (15 oz) can dark sweet cherries
* 1 (24 oz) jar regular applesauce (try to get chunky if possible)
* 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 2 sticks butter
1. Spray a casserole dish well with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
3. Mix brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg and divide into 5 equal parts.
4. Divide the applesauce into 5 equal parts.
5. Divide butter into 5 equal parts.
6. Place the pear slices in the casserole dish.
7. Sprinkle 1/5 of the brown sugar-spice mix on top, spread 1/5 of the applesauce, dot with 1/5 of the butter.
8. Repeat layers with the pineapple chunks, etc.
9. Repeat layers with the peach slices, etc.
10. Repeat layers with the apricot halves, etc.
11. Repeat with final layer of the cherries.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
If you want to add a crunchy top to this dish, wait until the last five minutes of baking time, then sprinkle the top with a mixture of crushed cornflakes, brown sugar, and melted butter. Put back in the oven for the final five minutes of baking time or until the top starts to brown a bit.