* 2 Tbsp milk
* 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
* 2 tsp finely chopped onion
* 1 tsp horseradish (more or less to taste)
* salt and black pepper to taste
* 6 ounces crabmeat
* 1/4 cup freshly grated cheese (use Montterey Jack, Parmesan, or Cheddar; whatever you like)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the milk, cream cheese, onion, horseradish, and salt and pepper until well blended.
3. Carefully fold in the crabmeat, trying not to break up the pieces too much.
4. Turn mixture out into a small baking dish, then evenly distribute the grated cheese on top.
Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is bubbling hot and starting to brown slightly.
5. Serve warm with celery sticks or cucumber slices for a low carb appetizer.
This crab dip has enough flavor that it will stand up to any vegetable, cracker, or bread. The horseradish helps! Be sure to use good fresh crabmeat to make this dip perfect for any special occasion, holiday, or even as a nice luncheon dish.