* 3 green bell peppers, cleaned and cut into strips
* 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
* 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 package (14 ounce size) smoked hot or sweet Italian sausages, cut in half lengthwise
* 4 hero rolls, sliced open
* 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Turn grill on and heat to medium-hot.
2. Put peppers and onions in a bowl with oil and toss to combine, then put in grilling basket or tray.
3. Put basket on grill and sausages directly on grates.
4. Cook peppers and onions until just starting to char, about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for 3 or 4 minutes or until soft and nicely charred.
5. Cook sausages about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for about the same time or until they get nice and hot and have good grill marks.
6. Put open side of rolls down on grill during the last minute of cooking to toast.
7. Remove everything from grill, and dump peppers and onions, along with the sausages into a large bowl or pot, add vinegar and mozzarella cheese and toss to combine.
8. To serve, use tongs and take 2 sausage halves and a generous amount of peppers and onions and put on a toasted bun. Add a bit of mustard if desired.