1. Place the first 7 ingredients into a glass bowl and whisk together to make marinade.
2. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat well and marinade for 15 minutes turning once.
3. Melt the butter and oil together in a skillet; remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and add the chicken to the skillet, cooking 4 minutes each side.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook 10 minutes longer.
5. Remove the chicken and bring the marinade back to a boil, cooking 10 minutes or until it is the consistency of syrup. Drizzle over chicken breasts when served.