1. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
2. In a different bowl, mix together the potatoes and sugar.
3. Add buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg to potato mixture and blend them in well.
4. Mix the buttermilk mixture in with the flour until moistened.
5. Spray and lightly flour a loaf pan.
6. Transfer the mixture evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Carefully remove the loaf from pan after 12 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
Don't let the buttermilk fool you. This bread is sweet! Pumpkin pie spice, sweet potatoes, and vanilla extract, are all part of the plan to really set this bread up in a whole different category than your plain loaf of bread. Great for a breakfast treat!