* 4 cups tomato juice, chilled
* 1/2 of a whole chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, including 1/2 tsp of the sauce
* 1 can (14 oz) diced tomato
* 1 medium green bell pepper, diced fine
* 1 small sweet onion, diced fine
* 2 small cucumbers, scrubbed and diced fine
* 2 green onion, chopped fine
* 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp garlic flakes, chopped
* 3 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp hot sauce (more or less to taste)
* 4 to 6 ripe avocados
* 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
* sour cream or Greek yogurt to garnish
1. Put the tomato juice, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce in your food processor and process on puree until smooth.
2. Add diced tomato and pulse until chopped slightly and combined well; pour into a large bowl.
3. Add to the bowl the remaining ingredients - except avocado and cilantro - cover with a glass plate or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. When ready to serve, peel the avocado and dice small.
5. Stir the avocado pieces and cilantro into the cold soup and serve immediately.
May garnish with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
If you take a look at the ingredients, you'll say "Wow!" This is a healthy and tasty soup/meal.
Everything is fresh. You can't go wrong with this soup. Serve it for a main meal or a light lunch and you will have a flavorful dish that will not disappoint.
This is a California style gazpacho because it has avocado in it. If you can't (or don't want to) eat avocado, just omit it. It's just as tasty!