* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 celery ribs, sliced
* 2 carrots, thinly sliced
* 1/2 head small cabbage, chopped
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (1/2" cubes)
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced peeled tomatoes, drained
* 1 medium zucchini, diced
* 1 cup dried chick peas, rinsed and drained
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
* 3 cans (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth
* 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
* 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Put in crock pot: onion, celery, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, chick peas, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the basil, bay leaf, rosemary, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Mix very well.
2. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours, until beans are tender.
3. Take out bay leaf and throw away. Add the green beans and the rest of the basil. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.