Chicken Chickpea And Wilted Spinach Skillet
* 2 Tbsp flour
* 1 tsp paprika
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4 inch pieces
* 6 Tbsp canola oil
* 2 red onions, diced
* 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 (14 oz) cans chickpeas, drained well
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, drained well
* 1 bag (1/4 lb) baby spinach leaves
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
1. In mixing bowl, toss together the flour and paprika until well combined. Add the chicken pieces and toss until well coated.
2. Place the oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and stirring often and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in the cut up chicken and cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
4. Stir in the garlic and chickpeas and cook 1 minute.
5. Pour the wine into the skillet and let the mixture bubble for 3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
7. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until just wilted.
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and pepper, and serve.
If you cool this completely after cooking, you can put it in freezer containers and store in freezer for up to 3 months.
To serve it then you will need to thaw completely in the refrigerator. Then place in a deep baking dish, cover and heat in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 8 servings