* 2 TBSP canola oil
* 1 C onions, chopped
* 1/2 C bell pepper, chopped
* 1 TBSP chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. cumin
* 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
* 2 C tomato juice
* 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
* 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
* 1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans, drained, rinsed
1. Pour canola oil into a large soup-size pot over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and cook 5 minutes or until just tender.
2. Sprinkle in the chili powder, salt, cumin and garlic powder and stir to incorporate the flavors.
3. Carefully pour in the tomato juice and stir to combine.
4. Bring the juice mixture to a boil.
5. Once boiling turn heat to low and VERY CAREFULLY add all three types of beans.
6. Cover the pot and simmer SLOWLY at least 30 minutes but it can remain simmering for up to 2 hours before serving.