1. Pour the oil into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the sugar into the bowl and stir from the bottom up to insure all the sugar dissolves.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
4. Place the egg whites and vanilla into the mixture.
5. Stir the mixture until completely combined together.
6. Using a rubber spatula fold the applesauce into the mixture.
7. Place the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and cloves together in a separate bowl.
8. Toss together to combine the dry ingredients well.
9. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients being sure you stir continuously as you add them together.
10. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
11. Prepare a muffin tin with a non stick cooking spray or paper muffin cups.
12. Fill each muffin cup or paper cup 2/3 full of the mixed batter.
13. Bake the muffins 22 minutes or until a light brown and they bounce back when lightly touched with a finger.
14. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.