* 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed solid
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup cocoa
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
* 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the butter and both sugars in a large bowl and beat with electric mixer until well blended, light and fluffy.
3. With beater running on slow, add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
4. In separate bowl, blend together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, then slowly add to butter mixture with beaters running until blended.
5. Add the coconut and oats and stir with a large spoon until mixture is well blended.
6. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet by tablespoons and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, let cool for a minute, then slide off onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This makes about 4 dozen cookies.
These are the perfect cookies to make with kids. They're easy, since you just drop them from a spoon onto a cookie sheet. They are also a delicious blend of three things most kids like - coconut, cocoa, and oatmeal. Easy and yummy. Perfect!