* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 pints half and half
* 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed New England clam chowder
* 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1 package (8 oz) imitation crab meat, flaked
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add onions and cook until tender and very lightly browned.
2. Stir in half & half and clam chowder, bring to a boil.
3. Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to simmer and cook about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender but not mushy.
4. Add crab meat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally.