* 2 cups dried green split peas, sorted and rinsed
* 6 cups water
* 1/2 cup dry sherry
* 1 large dark orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 3 cups firmly packed chopped fresh spinach leaves
* 1 cup half and half
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
1. Combine split peas, water, sherry, sweet potato, onion, garlic and salt in crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low 10-11 hours.
3. Add spinach, half & half and dill weed.
4. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes.