* 1 (1 lb) loaf French bread cut into 30 thin slices
* 2 TBSP olive oil
* 1/2 C chive and onion cream cheese
* 1/2 lb. deli roast beef, sliced thin
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 4 plum tomatoes, sliced thin
* 1/2 C green onions, sliced thin
1. The oven should be set to 375 degrees.
2. Both sides of the bread are brushed with the olive oil.
3. Bake 5 minutes or until crispy on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. Spread with cream cheese.
6. On the prepared bread put 1 or 2 slices of roast beef.
7. Top with a slice or two of tomato.
8. Sprinkle the top with the green onions.
These tiny little bite-sized sandwiches pack a real wallop! I use a really good loaf of french bread to add a hearty texture. They're easy enough to make that you can do it pretty much at the drop of a hat, or the drop of a houseful of unexpected guests!