1. Chop the hard-boiled eggs and put them in a glass bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together until well blended.
3. Serve on bread or toast as a sandwich, on cocktail rye as a finger sandwich, or on top of a bed of mixed spring greens as a salad.
You may also like to use this recipe as a basis for Deviled Eggs.
1. Instead of chopping up the entire egg, cut the hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks and mix well.
3. Then put the mixture back into the hollowed out egg white, cover and chill.
4. Sprinkle a little chopped parsley or a sprinkle of paprika on the top of each Deviled Egg to make them prettier.
This is your excuse to buy those kalamata olives and capers you've been looking at. Yes, they may be a bit expensive, but eggs are a very cheap form of protein. So, it sort of balances out.
Whether you turn this recipe into a sandwich, a salad, or a snack, it doesn't matter. The flavors are fantastic! No more boring hard-boiled eggs!