*2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
*4 Tbsp sugar, divided
*2 cups whipping cream, whipped
*1 small(4oz)pkg cream cheese, softened at room temperature
*1 good quality pound cake, shop-bought
*1/2 cup seedless raspberry jelly, melted
1. Stir the strawberries and 2 tbsp of sugar together.
2. Place the remaining sugar, cream cheese and whipped topping in a bowl and stir well.
3. Cut the pound cake into 1/3 inch slices and place them in a glass bowl.
4. Dab 1/3 of the jelly over the top then a layer of the strawberry mixture.
5. Repeat the layers ending with the last 1/3 of the jelly.
If you have a nice big glass dessert bowl, be sure to use it for this. The layers make for a very pretty presentation... and it's delicious, too! It's a very sweet dessert so kids will really enjoy it.