1. Set the oven to 450 degrees and preheat. Also, set a 12 cup muffin tin in the oven to preheat it as well.
2. Place the cream corn into a saucepan over medium heat and stir in 1 cup of the cornmeal stirring until thick.
3. Whisk in the buttermilk, then the eggs, then the butter.
4. In a separate large bowl, toss together the remaining cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add the corn mixture to the bowl, stirring until well blended.
5. Lightly grease the heated muffin tin cups and fill each cup 2/3 full of batter.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until a golden brown then cool on a wire rack.
Preheating the muffin tin may be an unusual step, but it does help set the muffin. You'll love the combination of the corn and cornmeal in this muffin. It reminds me of a corn fritter, only not deep fried, so better for my waistline! Enjoy!