Pastry shell and egg:
1. Cook the pastry shells according to directions on package but just until beginning to brown. Turn oven down to 325 degrees for remainder of recipe.
2. Remove shells from oven when just a bit under-browned. Cool, cut off top. Keep on cookie sheet for the rest of recipe.
3. Crack one egg in each of the baked pastry shells.
4. Bake for 18 minutes at 325 degree oven.
1. Meanwhile, melt the butter and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Put the egg yolks, lemon juice and pepper in a blender and start to blend.
3. While blending on high, add the butter, blending until thickened.
4. Place the blended sauce in a double boiler over hot, not boiling water, to keep warm. Do not place on burner.
1. Take the shells with the cooked eggs and place the ham slices in the pastry shell, chopping up if needed.
2. Pour the warmed sauce inside and a bit over the top.
These may seem fussy at first to put together, but once you see how easy they are, you'll be finding all sorts of excuses for making them! Actually, these make a great snack for kids' parties as well as lunch time treats. Get creative... how about some fresh steamed asparagus tips added?