* 1 1/2 lbs French beans, broken into small pieces
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 carrot, chopped
* 1 stalk of celery, chopped
* 1 TBSP butter
* 1 tsp. thyme
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 8 C water
* 2 TBSP fine wheat meal
1. Place water in a large soup pot over high heat.
2. Bring to a rapid boil.
3. Add the beans, onion, carrot and celery.
4. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Continue to boil the soup until the vegetables are as tender as you like.
6. Once the vegetables are tender add the wheat meal.
7. Stir until soup begins to thicken.
8. Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
9. Simmer 5 minutes and serve.