Fruit Cake Fudge
*3 C pecan halves
*1 1/2 C Brazil nuts, chopped
*1 1/2 C walnuts, chopped
*1 C candied cherries
*1 C candied pineapple
*3 C sugar
*1 C white corn syrup
*1 1/2 C heavy cream
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Dump all the nuts into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the candied fruit and toss.
3. Pour the sugar, corn syrup and heavy cream into a saucepan.
4. Sprinkle in the salt.
5. Place the pan over medium heat.
6. Bring to a boil stirring continuously.
7. Boil mixture to 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
9. Pour the mixture over the nuts.
10. Blend coating the ingredients well.
11. Line a large baking pan with wax paper extending over the edges.
12. Spread the fudge into the pan evenly.
13. Allow the fudge to firm and then cut into squares.
If you would like to join the fruitcake fan club, but never quite have gotten a yen for it, here's a solution. Combine fruitcake with everyone's favorite... FUDGE! I much prefer the creamy fudge-fruitcake combination over the traditional cake-type fruitcake. Call me crazy, but I think surrounding anything in fudge makes it better!