* 6 small cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
* 3 medium Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
* 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 1 small onion, diced small
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp lime juice
* 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
* 2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
* 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
* 1/2 tsp salt
Serve this with tortilla chips or as a side for just about any grilled meat, fish, or poultry. My favorite use for this salsa is with grilled salmon since cucumber is the perfect flavor compliment for salmon.
The key to this recipe is to use very fresh ingredients. You'll notice the recipe calls for small cucumbers. You want to use young, small cucumbers because they tend to have a more intense flavor and aroma than older, bigger cucumbers. They are also less watery and have fewer seeds. This all adds up to a wonderfully fragrant and delicious salsa.