Garden Harvest Breakfast Frittata
* 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
* 1 zucchini, sliced thin
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 C of low fat mozzarella cheese
* 1 tomato, sliced
* 1/4 C feta cheese, crumbled
* 4 eggs
* 1 C of skim milk
* 1/4 tsp basil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Set the oven temperature to 375 and preheat.
2. Spray a 9 inch pie plate well with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Place the squash, zucchini and onion into a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender, then drain well and place in the prepared pie plate.
4. Top the vegetables with the mozzarella cheese and then the tomatoes.
5. Spread the feta cheese over the tomatoes.
6. In separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, garlic, salt and pepper together well, then pour the mixture over the top.
7. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 servings
This is a great way to use all those wonderful garden vegetables in a new way. Of course, you can use whatever mix of vegetables you have on hand. But, I really like the idea of another new way to use zucchini, especially!
I call this a breakfast dish, but really, this makes a filling lunch or even dinner.