Goodmorning Sunshine Waffles
* 2 1/2 C whole wheat flour
* 1 C all-purpose flour
* 1 TBSP ground flax seeds
* 2 TBSP baking powder
* 1 TBSP cinnamon
* 1 tsp. nutmeg
* 2 TBSP sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 3 1/2 C milk
* 1/2 C melted butter
* 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
* Chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Blend together the wheat and all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Blend in the flax seed and the baking powder.
3. Blend in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Pour in the sugar and blend well.
5. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs just slightly.
6. Add the vanilla and milk.
7. Whisk until well blended.
8. Add the melted butter and blend slightly.
9. Blend in the applesauce.
10. Heat the waffle iron using manufactures direction.
11. Mix the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
12. Be sure to mix ingredients together well.
13. Pour a scant amount of batter into the hot waffle iron.
14. Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
15. Close and cook according to manufactures directions or until a golden brown.