Ham and Hash Brown Bake with Cornflake Crunch
*8 C hash browns
*2 C ham, cooked and cubed
*2 C sour cream
*2 C Cheddar cheese, shredded
*1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
*1/3 C butter
*1/2 C onions, chopped fine
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp pepper
*1/2 C cornflakes, crushed
*1 T butter, melted
1. Place the oven temperature on 350 and allow to heat.
2. Spray a baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Place the hash browns into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the cubed ham to the hash browns.
5. Fold in the sour cream until well blended.
6. Sprinkle in the cheese into the mixture.
7. Fold in the soup until completely blended in.
8. Add the butter and stir to combine.
9. Add the onions into the mixture.
10. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and blend the ingredients together well.
11. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
12. Pour the cornflakes into a bowl.
13. Add the melted butter and toss to coat the cornflakes.
14. Top the hash brown mixture with the cornflakes.
15. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly.
There is nothing like a delicious, kid-friendly meal that I can throw together quickly and easily. This dish is sort of a scalloped ham and potato casserole, but without the work of peeling potatoes. Kids love it because it's cheesy and creamy. The crunchy topping of cornflakes is a nice touch, too!