* 1/4 C unsalted butter
* 4 lbs. beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
* 4 C onions, chopped
* 4 qt. hot water
* 4 C carrots, chunked
* 4 C potatoes, chunked
* 4 C cabbage, chopped
* 1 green pepper, chopped
* 8 tsp low sodium beef bouillon
* 1 tsp pepper
* 4 bay leaves
* 6 C of low sodium tomato juice
1. In a Dutch oven completely melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the beef and onions and cook for 8 minutes or until browned.
3. Completely drain off the butter.
4. Pour the hot water into the pan with the beef and onions.
5. Add the carrots, potatoes, cabbage, green pepper and bay leaves.
6. Bring the water to a brisk boil over high heat.
7. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the tomato juice.
9. Cook 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
10. Remove the bay leaves before serving.