Homemade Touchdown Pizza
* 3 TBSP olive oil
* 1/2 C minced onions
* 1 C tomato sauce
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
* 1/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
* 3/4 C sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
* 4 (8 inch flour or 6 inch corn) tortillas
* 1 C grated mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 C diced, green, bell pepper
* 1/2 C diced, red, bell pepper
* 1/2 C sliced olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 2 TBSP oil over medium heat until hot.
3. Cook onions in hot oil about 4 minutes or until just starting to turn brown.
4. Add tomato sauce, garlic, oregano and Italian seasoning and stir well.
5. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
6. In another skillet heat 1 TBSP oil until hot.
7. Cook mushrooms and zucchini 6 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender.
8. Drain mushrooms and zucchini well.
9. Place tortillas on a cookie sheet.
10. Bake about 3 minutes or just until tortillas begin to crisp.
11. Remove from oven.
12. Spread each tortilla with 1/4 C of sauce.
13. Sprinkle 1/4 C cheese over the top of the sauce.
14. Add mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and olives.
15. Return tortillas to the oven and continue to bake 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
We tried these tortilla pizzas at first as a snack, but quickly realized how filling they were! These little fellas are loaded with veggies and are good and good for you. I suggest them for dinner during movie or game night. Very filling!