Iced Cherry Goodies
* 1 pkg yeast
* 1 C warm milk 110-115 degrees
* 4 C bread flour
* 2 TBSP sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 C cold butter
* 1/2 C solid shortening
* 2 eggs lightly beaten
* 4 C cherry pie filling
1. Mix flour, sugar and salt together in bowl.
2. Blend in shortening and butter.
3. Mixture will be crumbly.
4. Place yeast in warm milk and let dissolve.
5. Add dissolved yeast to flour
6. Add eggs and stir until dough is soft do not knead.
7. Cover and place in refrigerator for 8 hours.
8. Remove dough and separate into four pieces.
9. Roll each piece out into a 14”x11” rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
10. Spoon cherry filling down the center of the dough.
11.Fold one side over the mixture to the other side and pinch to seal.
12. Continue with each of the four pieces.
13. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 in apart.
14. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned.
15. To make icing mix together 2 C powdered sugar and 2 TBSP of milk.
16. Smooth icing over the top.