* 4 slices bacon, chopped
* 3/4 cup chopped celery
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 1/4 lb firm white fish, skin removed and cut into bite size pieces
1. Cook bacon in saucepan over medium high heat until it starts to get crispy, about 5 minutes. Bring heat down to medium and add celery and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions get soft, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in brown sugar and jerk seasoning. Keep cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Bring heat back up to medium high and add chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then bring heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat then add fish. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, flip fish over and cook for 2 more minutes. Fish should easily flake with a fork. Add fish to soup.