Lil Jack Horner Pie
* 2 TBSP lemon juice
* 4 C purple plums, sliced
* 1 C sugar
* 2 TBSP quick cooking tapioca
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
* Freezer pie crust for 2 crusts
* 2 TBSP butter or margarine
* Heavy duty aluminum foil
1. Pour the lemon juice into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the plums and toss to coat.
3. In a separate bowl place the sugar and tapioca.
4. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Mix well.
6. Add the plums to the mixture.
7. Mix together well making sure the plums are completely covered.
8. Set aside and allow standing at least 15 minutes.
9. In a 9 inch pie plate, place a piece of foil that extends 6 inches out from the rim of the plate.
10. Pour the plum mixture into the foil lined plate.
11. Fold the foil over the top and secure tightly.
12. Place in the freezer overnight.
13. Allow the crust to come to room temperature.
14. On a lightly floured surface roll out one pie crust to fit a pie plate.
15. Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.
16. Add the filling and dot with the butter.
17. Roll out the second pie crust.
18. Place of the top of the pie and crimp to seal.
19. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
20. Make 4 small slits in the top crust to vent the steam.
21. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
22. Filling may be frozen up to six months before using.