Mama's American Style Taco
* 1/2 lb. ground beef
* 1/4 C. chopped onion
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
* 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
* 1/2 C. water
* 4 (8 in) soft tortillas
* 8 oz pkg. taco or fiesta blend shredded cheese
* Lettuce. shredded
* Tomato, diced
1. Crumble the meat into a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook until completely brown.
3. Drain well.
4. Add the onions and cook 2 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and continue cooking until onion and potatoes are soft.
6. Add the chilies and stir well.
7. Pour in the water and cook until the water is completely evaporated.
8. Place the tortillas on a microwave plate.
9. Microwave 30 seconds on high.
10. If tortillas are not soft enough continue to microwave at 5 second intervals until as soft as you like.
11. Place the tortillas on a plate and fill down the center with the meat mixture leaving 2 in at each end,
12. Sprinkle with the cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
13. Fold in end and roll tortilla around the mixture.
14. Serve with sour cream or guacamole as a garnish.