* 1 cup butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
* 1 fresh lemon, juiced (also, zest and set aside for serving)
* 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 8 oz fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed and chopped fine.
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* hot, buttered pasta - try penne or wide egg noodles
1. In large heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat.
2. Add the parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
3. Add button mushrooms, with chopped stems, and carefully stir until all ingredients are combined and mushrooms are coated well.
4. Turn heat down, cover skillet lightly with tin foil and simmer gently for 20 - 25 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
6. Serve mushroom sauce over hot pasta. Top with zest from the lemon, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.