Melt In Your Mouth Lasagna
*6 lasagna noodles
*3 C eggplant, peeled and chopped
*1 bell pepper, diced
*1 onion, chopped
*1 TBSP basil
*3 cloves garlic minced
*2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
*1 1/2 C cottage cheese
*1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
*2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare noodles following package directions.
2. Add oil to a large skillet.
3. Heat over medium high heat until oil is hot.
4. Add eggplant, bell pepper, onion, basil and garlic to hot oil.
5. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cook until eggplant is tender about 15 minutes.
7. Stir occasionally to incorporate the flavors.
8. Return heat to medium and add tomato sauce.
9. Bring sauce to a boil.
10. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
11. Continue cooking until peppers are fork tender and tomato sauce has thickened slightly.
12. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
13. Spray a large baking dish with a non-stick spray.
14. Layer 2 lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish.
15. Layer tomato mixture over the top.
16. Place 1/2 C of cottage cheese over tomato mixture.
17. Sprinkle 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese over the top.
18. Repeat layers until all ingredients have been used 3 layers.
19. Top with remaining mozzarella.
20. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
21. Bake 30 minutes.
22. Remove foil and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
23. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.