* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips about 1" thick
* 1 medium onion, cut in about 8 wedges
* 1 large green pepper, cut in about 8 wedges
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Mexican style diced tomatoes, not drained
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon oregano
1. Brown chicken pieces in hot oil (quickly and in small batches) in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Put in crock pot.
2. Add everything else and mix together gently until well blended.
3. Cook, covered, on low for 8-9 hours.
4. May serve with hot tortillas for filling. This will be sloppy, but it's good. May also want sour cream and salsa on the side.
5. You may also want to serve this over rice.
If you've ever eaten fajitas at a Mexican restaurant when they bring it out to you on a sizzling platter, you know how attractive and yummy they are. This recipe mimics the flavors of the classic fajita, without the time it takes to stand over a hot skillet and serve them up individually. You and your family can sit down together with a big bowl in the center of the table and just dig in!