* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large carrot, diced
* 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 1 small garlic clove, cut in half
* 1/4 lb green beans, cut into 1" pieces
* 6 cups water
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 3 cups shredded cabbage
* 1 medium zucchini, diced
* 1 can (8 oz) chopped tomatoes, not drained
* 2 beef bouillon cubes
* 1/4 cup elbow macaroni
* 1/2 of a 10 oz bag spinach, shredded
* 1 can (15 oz) white kidney beans, drained
* 1 can (10 1/2 oz) red kidney beans, drained
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic and green beans; cook until lightly brown (about 15 minutes) stirring occasionally. Throw away garlic.
2. Stir in water, salt, oregano, cabbage, zucchini, tomatoes and bouillon cubes. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Bring heat down to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3. Add macaroni, spinach and beans. Cook about 10 more minutes or until macaroni is tender.