Morning Mix Breakfast Bake
* 6 eggs (or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute)
* 1/2 C milk
* 3 1/2 C frozen hash browns, thawed
* 1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
* 1/2 C sweet onion, diced small
* 4 Tbsp cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp seasoning blend (any blend you like, or mix up a dash of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, and other herbs)
* 1/4 tsp chili powder
* 4 green onions, chopped fine, including tops
1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees to preheat.
2. Coat an 8 inch baking pan well with cooking spray.
3. Place the egg and milk into a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the potatoes, 1 cup of the cheese, all the onions, 2 tablespoons of the bacon, salt, seasoning blend, and chili powder, stirring until combined well.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onion.
8. Return to the oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
9. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into squares to serve.
Makes 6 servings
Many breakfast casserole recipes call for the dish to sit in the refrigerator overnight. This is one you can make without planning ahead - perfect for folks who don't feel quite that organized at night!
Breakfast casseroles are a great way to feed a house full of overnight guests or your own hungry family. This hearty breakfast meal is perfect for a chilly morning when everyone has time to enjoy a filling breakfast.
You'll notice a few substitutions or suggestions in the ingredients list. This is a very versatile breakfast casserole, so use your own imagination and creativity when you throw it together.