No Fuss Any Morning Pancakes
* 2 1/2 C milk
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 C canola oil
* 1 TBSP of vanilla
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 C sugar
* 1/2 C wheat flour
* 4 tsp. baking powder
* Enough all purpose flour to thicken batter to your liking
1. Dump the milk into a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk in the eggs just slightly one at a time.
3. Add the oil and vanilla and whisk until all the ingredients are blended together well.
4. Dump in the salt and sugar and blend with an electric mixer on low until the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Place the wheat flour and baking powder in the liquid mixture.
6. Use a rubber spatula and blend all the ingredients together until the mixture is very smooth.
7. Sprinkle in a little of the all purpose flour and blend with the spatula.
8. Continue to sprinkle in the flour and mixing until the batter becomes as thick as you like.
9. Heat a griddle or skillet on medium high heat.
10. When a drop of water dances on the surface the griddle or skillet will be hot enough to cook the pancakes.
11. Pour a scant amount of the batter onto the hot surface.
12. Cook until the pancake begins to brown on the bottom and bubbles begin to appear around the edges.
13. Turn the pancake and cook on the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
14. Place the cooked pancakes on a plate to cool slightly.
15. Continue cooking the pancakes until all the batter has been used.
16. Place a piece of wax paper flat.
17. Lay a pancake on the waxed paper.
18. Lay another piece of wax paper on top of the pancake.
19. Add another pancake to the stack.
20. Continue until all the pancakes have been stacked and a piece of wax paper is on the top.
21. Place the stacked pancakes into a freezer bag.
22. Freeze the pancakes for up to 6 months.
23. To reheat remove from the freezer and place in the toaster.
24. It might be necessary to run it through two toaster cycles to get it warm.