Pina Colada Bunny Smoothies
* 1 C orange juice
* 1/2 C milk
* 1 pint pineapple sherbet
* 2 (6 oz) cartons pina colada flavored yogurt
* 2 bananas cut in chunks
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 C whipped topping, divided
* 2 drops red food coloring
* Black string licorice, for whiskers
1. Pour the orange juice and milk into the blender.
2. Add in the sherbet and yogurt.
3. Place the banana chunks in carefully.
4. Pour the vanilla over the top of the mixture.
5. Blend the mixture until smooth.
6. Pour into individual serving glasses.
7. In a plastic baggie place 2/3 Cup of the whipped topping.
8. Make a small hole in the corner of the baggie.
9. Carefully pipe a small circle on top of the smoothies.
10. Place the remaining whipped topping in another plastic bag.
11. Gently mix in the food color until the topping turns slightly pink.
12. Cut a small section from one corner of the bag.
13. Pipe the eyes, nose and ears for the bunny faces on each smoothie.
14. Cut the licorice strings to resemble whiskers.
15. Place the whiskers on the bunnies faces extending to the edge of the glass.
16. Serve smoothies immediately.
This smoothie is definitely for a special occasion, like Easter morning! Make the smoothies, divide into cups, make a second batch if needed, pouring one for each child. Then prepare the "bunny face" ingredients as described and serve. A cute and delicious treat, indeed!