Pumpkin Dessert with Creamy Topping
* 3/4 C all purpose flour
* 31/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 2 eggs
* 1 C brown sugar
* 1 2/3 C pumpkin puree
* 1/4 C canola oil
* 1/2 C walnuts, chopped
* Cream cheese frosting (purchased if you like)
1. In a large mixing bowl sift the flour and baking soda.
2. The salt, nutmeg and cinnamon are sprinkled in.
3. The dry ingredients are mixed together well.
4. In a separate bowl put the eggs and whisk until they are slightly foamy.
5. Whisk the brown sugar in the eggs until it is completely dissolved.
6. Continue stirring and pour in the canola oil and mix well.
7. The dry ingredients are added to the wet ingredients and mixed until completely moistened.
8. Stir in the pumpkin and walnuts and mix just until combined.
9. A square baking pan is sprayed with a non stick cooking spray.
10. The batter is evenly spread in the prepared pan.
11. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
12. Cool and then frost with the cream cheese frosting before cutting.
This is a simple recipe, but the cream cheese topping makes it special. Make this dessert for a neighbor, friend, or relative who needs a reminder that somebody is thinking of them this holiday season.