1. Mix all ingredients well in a tightly sealed glass container and shake vigorously to combine.
2. Store in refrigerator until needed.
3. To use, pour marinade sauce over chicken, beef, or pork in a glass bowl or into plastic zipper bags.
4. Toss to cover and put in refrigerator.
5. Let marinade for at least 1 hour.
6. Remove and cook as desired, discarding extra marinade.
If you like a good, rich, and dark marinade, you'll want to try this. I like it for chicken because it really gives it a robust flavor. You can use it for grilling steak, too. Anywhere where you want a really intense flavor, this marinade works well.
You can also make a little extra for dipping sauce. Just use fresh ingredients. DO NOT use the marinade leftover from the bowl you had the meat sitting in - you would just be inviting bacteria. Measure out about half the ingredients into a small saucepan and put over low heat and simmer slowly until sauce reduces and thickens.