Raspberry Muffins with Pecan Crumble Topping
* 3/4 C skim milk
* 1/2 C canola oil
* 1 TBSP orange peel
* 1 egg (you may substitute 1/4 cup egg substitute)
* 2 C all purpose flour
* 1/3 C sugar
* 1 TBSP baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 C raspberries, fresh or frozen, chopped
* 1/2 C pecans, chopped fine
* 1/2 C brown sugar
* 1/4 C all purpose flour
* 2 TBSP melted margarine
1. Heat the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying each muffin cup with a non stick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a bowl combine the milk, oil, orange peel and egg and mix them together well.
4. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Carefully blend the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until just moist.
6. Fold in the raspberries.
7. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of the prepared batter.
8. In a separate bowl place the pecans.
9. Add the brown sugar and flour and toss gently to combine.
10. Add the melted margarine and stir until mixture become a crumbly consistency.
11. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly on each muffin.
12. Bake 15-17 minutes or until light brown and each muffin pops back after being carefully touched with a fingertip.
This is really a cupcake. At least that's what I tell my kids. I make it for dessert and no one seems to mind. If they're on to me, they're not saying and everybody is happy!