Quick Mex Chili Con Carne - Crock Pot
(Slow Cooker Quick Mex Chili Con Carne)
*1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
*1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
*½ medium yellow onion – chopped
*1 can crushed tomatoes
*3 tablespoons chili powder
*4 cloves garlic, minced
*1- teaspoon pepper
*1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
*1 can no fat low sodium beef broth
*Kosher salt to taste
* Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese sprinkled on top.
* Tortilla chips
* Chopped onion
* Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Brown and drain ground round beef in olive oil.
2. Add onion and cook until onion turn translucent.
3. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
4. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
You can brown and drain the ground beef and onions the night before. Put the ingredients together in the morning and start the slow cooker. By the time you arrive home in the evening, the chili is ready to eat.
This recipe can be frozen and then reheated in a saucepan later in the week for quick dinners.
People in the south love to eat chili with cornbread. You might want to give it a try. Use the out of the box jiffy mix for a quick satisfying treat for the family.