* 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1/2 lb turnips, peeled and diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 10 fresh sage leaves, whole
* 3 Tbsp butter
* 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, put sweet potatoes, turnips, garlic, and 10 sage leaves, pour in enough cold water to cover and bring pot to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to to medium low and simmer until fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables.
3. Drain well, and keep in saucepan, covered, to keep warm.
4. Make sage butter: put butter in a skillet over medium heat and when it's melted, add the chopped sage leaves, stirring and cooking for 1 minute or until the sage wilts and browns, but don't let the butter burn.
5. Uncover the pot of vegetables and pour the sage butter over the vegetables, add the salt and black pepper, and mash with a potato masher until light and fluffy.
6. Serve warm. Makes about 6 small servings.