* 1 package (16 oz) dried black eyed peas, rinsed & drained
* 1 can (11 1/2 oz) bean and bacon soup
* 3 cups hot water
* 3 medium carrots, chopped
* 2 medium onions, sliced
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1 beef chuck roast (about 3 lbs) cut into 2" chunks
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke hickory flavoring
* 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
1. Stir together the beans, soup, water, carrots, onions, garlic powder and seasoned salt in crock pot. Put the roast on top.
2. Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours.
3. Turn heat up to high. Add liquid smoke, chiles and bell pepper. Cook for 15 more minutes, do not cover.