* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 Tbsp grated garlic clove
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
* 3 cups diced carrots
* 1 can (15 oz size) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
* 1 cup uncooked quinoa
* salt and black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, cayenne, and cumin and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add garbanzo beans, carrots, and broth; bring to boil then turn heat to LOW.
4. Add quinoa, stir gently, cover, and simmer slowly for 15 to 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
5. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper as desired.