1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the paprika, thyme, onion salt and oregano.
2. Pour half of the oil into the bowl and whisk until well blended.
3. Pour the remaining oil into a saucepan, heat, add the popcorn.
4. Shake the pan when it begins to pop.
5. When the popping slows remove from the heat and toss with the spice mixture.
You can make this spice and herb flavored butter to pour over any plain popcorn, whether you pop it in a pan or in the microwave. If you want to treat your family to a big bowl of popcorn but are bored with just plain old butter, try this treat. It's not so spicy the little ones won't enjoy it, but it's spicy enough for the grown ups.