* 2 Tbsp finely diced tomato
* 2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
* 2 tsp fresh lime juice
* pinch salt
* 4 to 6 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
* 1/3 Tbsp lime juice
* 3 cups chopped sweet white onion
* 2 1/4 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
* 3/4 cup chopped poblano chile pepper
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 2 chicken stock
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp chile powder
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
* 12 cilantro sprigs
* crumbled feta cheese (optional for garnish)
1. To make garnish, mix together the tomato, green onion, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and a large pinch of salt; set aside.
2. To make soup, dice avocado and mix with 1/3 tablespoon lime juice; set aside.
3. In a skillet, put the onion, both peppers, garlic, and 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat and cook stirring often until vegetables are softened and lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. With skillet still on heat, push vegetables aside and pour in the wine, stirring to deglaze the pan, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
5. Add the stock, cumin, chile powder, white pepper, and salt; turn heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat and let cool just enough to handle.
6. Pour the mixture into the food processor, then add the avocados and the cilantro sprigs. Put processor on puree setting and blend until smooth. You can change consistency by adding a bit more stock if you wish. Taste and season with additional salt, if necessary.
7. Serve immediately in big bowls and top with the tomato garnish you made in the first step and sprinkles of feta cheese if you wish.