* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
* 1 cup rice, not cooked
* 3 cups water
* 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
* 6 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
* salt to taste
1. In a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until tender and translucent.
2. Add rice and water, heat to a boil then bring heat down and simmer, covered, for 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the type of rice you use (check the rice package).
3. Stir in the spinach and water chestnuts, stir and simmer until heated through. Salt to taste.